NOTICE TO ALL LITIGANTS
Due to the recent coronavirus pandemic, The Preble Town Court will not be in regular session. All matters are administratively adjourned until further notice.
If you have a scheduled appearance or were otherwise directed to attend court today, you will not be penalized for your absence.
We thank you for your cooperation in this effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) to others in the community.
Coronavirus and the Town of Preble
The primary role for town governments such as Preble in this medical emergency is to facilitate the dissemination of information and coordinate with county agencies to ensure our citizens have all necessary resources available to them.
The Town Offices currently remain open during standard hours.
We are in touch with appropriate county and state contacts and will provide any specific information for Preble as it becomes available.
For now, we should all be practicing social distancing and listening to our community for anyone in need.
Here are official links for the latest information on this ongoing emergency:
- New York State statement regarding essential services during “New York State on Pause” executive order: https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-cuomo-issues-guidance-essential-services-under-new-york-state-pause-executive-order
- New York State health department Covid-19 page: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/home. They also have a hotline that you can call with questions: Novel Coronavirus Hotline at 1-888-364-3065.
- New York State breakdown of active cases by county: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/county-county-breakdown-positive-cases
- Cortland County Health Department: https://www.cortland-co.org/432/Health-Department
- Many questions that you may have can be answered over the phone, by email or online. The main line to the Preble Town Hall is (607) 749-3199.
Please call before you make a trip to the town office, as many questions can be answered over the phone.
Thank you and stay safe,
Jim Doring - Town Supervisor